Though said in 2007 (I believe), its interesting to see how Google CEO Eric Schmidt’s predictions for what Web 3.0 would be:
Schmidt predicted that Web 3.0 applications would have the following characteristcs:
1. Applications that are relatively small
2. The data is in the cloud
3. The applications can run on any device, PC or mobile phone.
4. The applications are very fast
5. The applications are very customizable
6. The applications are distributed by “viraling” – by social networks, email, etc. You won’t go to the store and purchase them; they will be sent to you.
So, how are we doing – on the way to 3.o?
(see the actual dialogue here)